rockdet

The Let's Play Topic

Greetings, LP viewers!

As some of you here who subscribe to my channel might know, I've recently finished up three LPs: Back to the Future: The Game, Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. You can view the playlists for each here:

Let's Play Back to the Future: The Game - 33 videos, 11 hours

Let's Play Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy - 24 videos, 9 hours

Let's Play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 72 videos, 43 hours

Starting tomorrow, I'll be starting the first of three all-new LPs. I'm going to be shifting gears a bit and doing a few more puzzle games, with a bit less emphasis on story. Specifically, I'll be LPing JoshL4 (in Lynx, no less!), Chuck's Challenge, and a mystery puzzle game I'm keeping under wraps until the LP officially begins. Here's where you guys come in, since I figured you would comprise much of the audience that would appreciate these games the most: you get to choose which you'd like to see first! I'm asking both here and on the Skype CC group. So what sounds appealing to you? Sound off here, and I'll upload the first LP video for the game that gets the most votes! The others will follow on Wednesday and Thursday.

Chuck's Challenge - 2 votes

JoshL4 - 2 votes

The mysterious, yet-to-be-named puzzle game - 1 vote

*ahem* And speaking of voting, don't forget to do so for CCLP1. ;) (Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

Edited by J.B. Lewis

Hey guys just a little update.

Despite me being gone from the LPing world for over a year now, I am about to make my epic return! I just successfully recorded the first few episodes of a CC set I'll be LPing, which is 60 Minutes.dat or as I'm calling it "lookatthis.dat" By successfully, I mean with no problems what-so-ever in the videos. No lag or out of place audio exists, just actual perfect solid recordings, which is just fantastic for me to see. I will try to get the first video posted sometime this week but in the meantime stay tuned!

• Upvote 1

Sweet! Are you planning to finish Rock-Beta as well?

Also, for those who missed it, I've officially started my second LP - this time of the Mystery Game, which is RHEM! If you enjoyed Myst, Riven, or even Chip's Challenge, you'll probably like this. This means that tomorrow, Chuck's Challenge will officially start. You can see Part 1 of RHEM here:

Sweet! Are you planning to finish Rock-Beta as well?

I'm unsure about that, technically I can finish it, but it would be through Tile World 2 as that is what I am now using to play CC. I do plan, however, to restart my TS0 LP, as well as start possibly ZK1. Whenever JBLP2 is released, I will LP that one for sure.

Also, I watched that video and it is very interesting. I like it (Y)

I'm unsure about that, technically I can finish it, but it would be through Tile World 2 as that is what I am now using to play CC. I do plan, however, to restart my TS0 LP, as well as start possibly ZK1. Whenever JBLP2 is released, I will LP that one for sure.

Also, I watched that video and it is very interesting. I like it (Y)

Yay. Also, you should LP ZK3 instead  <3 (but I'd ask Zeign's opinion)

Despite me being gone from the LPing world for over a year now, I am about to make my epic return! I just successfully recorded the first few episodes of a CC set I'll be LPing, which is 60 Minutes.dat or as I'm calling it "lookatthis.dat" By successfully, I mean with no problems what-so-ever in the videos. No lag or out of place audio exists, just actual perfect solid recordings, which is just fantastic for me to see. I will try to get the first video posted sometime this week but in the meantime stay tuned!

This is definitely my favorite post of all time. Also, nice Domino Effect, you know with JoshL4 and all.

Yay. Also, you should LP ZK3 instead   <3 (but I'd ask Zeign's opinion)

Well ZK1 has more levels, and is easier, but the quality of the levels are typically found lower in that set than ZK3, which....

ZK3 will be released in two level packs. They will have unique names, not just "ZK3: Part 1", etc. Pack 1 will contain 50 levels, and Pack 2 will contain either 50 [probably] or up to 75 [possible, but not as likely]. Pack 1 will for sure arrive around the holiday season in about a month and a half, while most of Pack 2 is still unconfirmed. I may place rejects in Pack 2 that were once part of Pack 1, idk. Also, Dusk of the Walkers will probably appear in Pack 2, or if possible, the very end of Pack 1. Yay!

ZK2 is probably the best choice for a not too short and not too long. It's got quite a bit of variety compared to ZK1 in difficulty and especially design. (although there are quite a few collective levels in ZK1 that I could probably place in a "best of" if I were to make one)

Well ZK1 has more levels, and is easier, but the quality of the levels are typically found lower in that set than ZK3, which....

ZK2 is probably the best choice for a not too short and not too long. It's got quite a bit of variety compared to ZK1 in difficulty and especially design. (although there are quite a few collective levels in ZK1 that I could probably place in a "best of" if I were to make one)

Considering ZK3 won't be fully released for at least a few months (based off so many spoilers...), I'll most likely just LP ZK1 and 2, and hopefully the third will almost be released. I still plan to play the version of ZK1 that has that Josh only level (Y)

I still plan to play the version of ZK1 that has that Josh only level (Y)

If you want, I'll release that level after you finish solving it eventually :P 

Also Josh, I'd like to do a co-commentary with you on one of your TS0 videos  <3 I could pretty much do it any time during my winter break (Dec 18 - Jan 20)

Also Josh, I'd like to do a co-commentary with you on one of your TS0 videos  <3 I could pretty much do it any time during my winter break (Dec 18 - Jan 20)

This would be the best thing ever. I'm totally down for this. We will discuss this when the dates get closer. <3

You've probably heard about this already but if you monetize your youtube videos (or even if you don't I'm not sure on the details) new changes to youtube could major cause problems for Lpers.

http://briwheel.proboards.com/thread/737/lpers-suck

summary: it sounds like some video game companies are not allowing LP's of their games to be monetized or some are not allowing non-monotized. Like I said, I'm confused about the details.

Great news everybody. I got a brand new laptop for Christmas, which means my LPs will continue! I am currently uploading Episode 11 of lookatthis.dat, and I am going to start my TS0 LP this weekend, considering that I made everybody wait. This is my Christmas present to you guys so stay tuned!

• Upvote 1

I have decided to make some "Let's Play"s.  Here is a link to my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWoYW8RMfSRWoPy-4p24znQ

I have finished playing CCLP2 Lynx, I just have to upload the remaining videos.

I am currently making some JCCLP and TCCLPRejects videos.

There are also a few sets on my waiting list: pi.dat and Jacques.dat

You can send me some requests through PM.

This isn't exactly something I thought I'd be doing, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that it was an amazing idea and I should totally go through with it.

Ultimate Chip Episode 1.  There's no harm in a look back at what I made around 7 years ago to see what I think of it now, and there's even less harm and recording it so I can see later, and even less harm than that in putting it where everyone can see, right?  :rolleyes:

I know I'll be going through my entire set, and if the process is fun I might do some other sets, we'll see when we get closer to the end of this one.

Channel is easily accessible from the above link, my sig, or, for the lazy, right here.

edit 6 months later:

I made a second channel for my CCLP3 playthrough videos.  I've been streaming through the whole thing and mirroring it in this playlist. So far I'm up to Oily Oily Oxen in just over 8 hours, and it's been pretty fun so far :P

I've started recording a blind Let's Play of CCLP4 on my channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsXZonX_iyxSKdpNQZhT1qAuUq31lua3Y

Watched the first part of this and it's a good start I think! Couple of things though:

You kept saying you expect good things out of CCLP4, and that you hope the set isn't afraid to get difficult, and I can assure you there are some difficult levels toward the end. Nothing end game CCLP3-esque but difficult enough to where anybody can enjoy and appreciate it. CCLP4 was never meant to be harder than CCLP3, and if that's what you're hoping for... well you'll just be disappointed. It took us (the staff), quite some time to determine the best difficulty curve with respect to how well levels from voting did.

Also all the criticism towards CCLP1 being too easy... That was kind of the point with that set :P I can respect your opinion, but we get it.

Looking forward to more parts. :)

It took us (the staff), quite some time to determine the best difficulty curve with respect to how well levels from voting did.

Literal dozens of hours of discussions on which levels, including literal hours on certain pairs/sets of levels.

Literal dozens of hours later drafting initial level orders, and then I spent another few dozen hours arranging levels further... quite some time feels like an understatement :P

• Upvote 1