Sign in to follow this  
AdrenalinDragon

Windows 8

So Windows 8 has literally just came out of the stores not too long ago. I had a look at it and is it just me or is it a downgrade from Windows 7? I coudln't find the Start Menu button anywhere and couldn't find a way to get to the desktop mode so that it runs like Windows 7. All I got were this Xbox 360 like touch screen icons that were really annoying to navigate, and the "hyped" apps feature new to Windows 8 was a bit of a letdown because all the apps had to be full screen and alot of them could be done better in official windows applications. The only one I enjoyed was Pinball FX 2. Is it worth the upgrade at all, especially without a touch screen?

Windows 7 is a better choice. The start menu is now basically a dashboard; where you see all the tiles, yeah that's the Start menu. To make things easier I installed my own start menu where the old one (would/should) be, but anyways it's okay. I'd say Windows 7 is a much better choice for those deciding when buying a new PC, although I do have my own Windows 8 laptop myself (which I actually like a lot, even though 8 is installed on it).