MS or Lynx  

28 members have voted

1. 1. MS or Lynx

• MS
    • Lynx
    • Both

So, which of the two game compatibilities do you prefer. Both have their advantages and disadvantages of course. The MS version allows illegal tile placement and better boosting capabilities, whilst the Lynx version is smoother, allows block slapping, and no invalid tile placements. For me, I find myself switching from one to the other constantly. What do you think?

If I had patience, Lynx would be superior. But man, boosting is convenient. I'm also not a fan of invalid tiles, but data resetting is a cool MS glitch feature.

I have to vote Both. I really like the animated version of the game way better, but invalid tiles and boosting is as fun and game-opening as simple Lynx rules. Had no animation, my vote would have gone to MS.

Both. I love the Lynx graphics better, and how there isn't really any randomness ;)

But I'm WAY more familiar with MS... and it's easier for some reason to optimize IMO

Also, I love how nobody likes just MS at the moment...

I like Lynx more, to be honest. Particularly ever since gaining more of an appreciation for casual play. It just feels more like the way the game was meant to be played. :) Maybe I'm just too much of a purist!

Between just MS and Lynx, I'll go Lynx. I always enjoy testing my levels in a smooth environment without having to worry about slide delay and other Microsoft-signature bugs, only to have to test it in MS again afterwords to make sure such glitches don't become an issue there. It is also really fun to play CC1 levels how they were originally intended; PROBLEMS was really fun as seen in my LP. MUGGER SQUARE, however, was more annoying thanks to the lack of boosting and stuff on force floor.

Lol. I have to go with both. I'm a fan of MS but I also play in Lynx, which ever since the release of CCLP3 I have gotten used to a lot and learned A LOT about the differences.

That's such an unfair question! Both have their merits, and I'd like to say just MS, but I find myself playing both, so both it is.

I like both modes, but I tend to use MS for all my "regular" level playing, and haven't really used Lynx other than testing for Lynx compatibility (which was actually a lot though, between CCLP3 playtesting, my own levels, and a few other sets for the solvability lists at my site...).

Definitely MS. Loving the invalid tiles, and I never really liked Tile World's graphics tbh. The MS graphics may not look as good but they have charm. :teeth:

I agree on the MS graphics looking better (and having charm).

I think it's easier to transition from MS to Lynx, rather than the other way around. After playing in Lynx mode for a while, you realize just how jerky and odd MS really is.

I agree on the MS graphics looking better (and having charm).

I think it's easier to transition from MS to Lynx, rather than the other way around. After playing in Lynx mode for a while, you realize just how jerky and odd MS really is.

;Agreed. I think I'm leaning towards the Lynx option more now, because it's smoother to play and has far less glitches in my opinion.

As Dave's mentioned before, the blue button timing can be tricky. It took me far longer to complete Once Upon A Troubadour in Lynx than it did in MS. And pink balls tend to be more annoying in Lynx...

All the same, Lynx is generall more pleasurable to play through, mainly because of the smooth animation. (Though splash delay is REALLY annoying.)

As Dave's mentioned before, the blue button timing can be tricky. It took me far longer to complete Once Upon A Troubadour in Lynx than it did in MS. And pink balls tend to be more annoying in Lynx...

All the same, Lynx is generall more pleasurable to play through, mainly because of the smooth animation. (Though splash delay is REALLY annoying.)

I actually prefer the pink balls (and some other monsters) in Lynx because if I blink I can still tell which way they are moving. JAILER is a good example.