AdrenalinDragon

Do you drive a car?

Do you drive a car?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive a car?

• Yes
    • No
    • Well... not a car.

We've got three years to invent flying cars and hoverboards to remain consistent with Back to the Future II. :)

• Upvote 1

We've got three years to invent flying cars and hoverboards to remain consistent with Back to the Future II. :)

We were supposed to have flying cars and hyperdimensional teleporters back in 2001, according to the original Pink Panther cartoon. That obviously didn't happen :P

Oh! And those automatically fitting shoes. Seriously, the idea of not tying my shoes ("No laces!" as Marty said) was my favorite thing ever in that entire movie as a kid. :)

That's an even better idea; apply much more sales tax to dangerous cigarettes so it simply isn't worth it anymore and they'll be forced to quit.

...yeah, but then how will the government be able to afford paying legislators ridiculous salaries?

Yet another reason to require that the president's salary be that of the average working American.

I was going to be even more facetious and say "but then the government wouldn't be able to afford to wage unnecessary wars against third-world countries," but I perhaps unwisely chickened out. The government misuses its funds in far more problematic ways than just giving legislators health insurance packages that the rest of us can only dream about (this coming from someone who believes in government intervention in the economy...go figure).

I'd settle for virtual reality, so that I could forget that things such as gasoline even exist.

Teleportation would be nicer out of the two, I'd think.

The purposes I'd use it for are probably unprintable on this site. Suffice to say that I could approximate its benefits with virtual reality, methinks. (Y)

...examples? Frankly, I think people already have too much access to multi-ton vehicles that they can then use for destructive purposes.

@J.B. If we are to invent flying cars, we'd also have to build flying highways and stuff. We're not done yet.

...but why would we need highways in the air? :) We could just have some sort of air traffic control...albeit a complicated one...

Well, I take that back a bit...it seems like in BTTF II, there were some sort of floating markers near the actual city of Hill Valley, which are pretty reasonable.

I'd just hate to think about a highway getting in the way of the wonderful opening sequence to that movie. :)

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

(As a side note, I balk at using the word "wonderful" to describe BTTF 2 in any way whatsoever.)

Awww. It was actually one of my favorite movies as a kid, even more than the other two.

Maybe it was the cross-cutting, maybe it was the sloppy writing (Doc insists on dragging the girl along, then he knocks her out?), maybe it was Biff's over-the-top character...I dunno, I just never got that into it. My favorite was the first one, but I think you can make a serious case for the third being the "best."

I don't know...I never really could get "into" the third, to be honest. It feels so disconnected from the time-hopping adventures of the other two movies because it's almost strictly set in one time period and just seems to be an excuse for a Western parody. Though it did a fun job of being that. :)

Fair enough. I thought it worked well at being different from the first two while still retaining some of the same atmosphere (if I remember correctly, the second movie traded off a lot of the first movie's glories). And yeah, Marty McFly in a 19th century tavern?

*likes*

That's an even better idea; apply much more sales tax to dangerous cigarettes so it simply isn't worth it anymore and they'll be forced to quit.

That hasn't worked yet. Cigarettes are hugely taxed already.