Sign in to follow this  
Flareon350

Top 10 levels of CC

I wouldn't mind at all if Mia Fey was my attorney. :D

This is something I'd never think I'd hear J.B. say...

OBJECTION! It has come to my attention that this thread has been hijacked! Please return to your usual programming before the rule-hammer falls!....... LOL it's funny anyway, I don't really care.

1. Caves (CCLP3)

2. CATACOMBS (CC1)

3. Vulcan (CCLP3)

4. FIRETRAP (CC1)

5. SOCIOLIST ACTION (CC1)

6. MIX UP (CC1)

7. ALPHABET SOUP (CC1)

8. You can’t teach an old frog new tricks (CCLP3)

9. Gauntlet (CCLP2)

10. METASTABLE TO CHAOS (CC1)

• Upvote 1

Based off how often I find myself replaying them...

1. You Can't Teach an Old Frog New Tricks

2. Vulcan

3. Spooks (bold route)

4. Gauntlet

5. Fortune Favors the...

6. Cake Walk

7. Glut

8. Force world (this ranks despite the hot blocks)

9. Two sets of rules

10. Victim

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who enjoys replaying YCTaOFNT. :)

I love that level for multiple reasons.

1: It's the most ingenious level I've ever played.

2: I have bold on it

3: It's such a fun level

...I was intrigued enough when I saw Ben's solution on Youtube, but honestly, I have to confess that I also don't "get" the mass appeal (maybe it'd be different if I actually had the stamina/patience/brain to beat it?). A lot of the "solutions" just seem to be fairly random, convoluted tricks.

Plus the fact that after all this labour to get it to work, you have to face an ultimate puzzle in the last room, which requires pin-point accuracy...

Plus the fact that after all this labour to get it to work, you have to face an ultimate puzzle in the last room, which requires pin-point accuracy...

Yeah, the last room I don't like either. Maybe if I can manage to complete it, I might like it a little more.

Yeah, last-room-shenanigans are always a bummer. "Mistakes" in CCLP3 got me the first time around...

Admittedly, the TW2 version where the "camera" follows the moving Teeth is pretty impressive. Still, I contend that it's a better spectacle than a puzzle.

To quote Wile E Coyote: "Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

- Madhav.

• Upvote 1

It is so challenging, that the "crazy bold people" love it. BTW, I very much enjoyed completing this level, but I won't bother playing it again. Except, of course, that I still have to beat it in MS.

It is very creative, but such a complex level is very frustrating and makes me wish for a Save button.

Admittedly, the TW2 version where the "camera" follows the moving Teeth is pretty impressive. Still, I contend that it's a better spectacle than a puzzle.

EXACTLY my point of view.

To quote Wile E Coyote: "Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

- Madhav.

I really want to know the intended way. I recently beat this level using some AVI help, and the solution it used was both extremely difficult and probably not Lynx compatible.

After dying a few times late in the level, I got extremely proficient at the early parts, which definitely made me enjoy it more. I might even try to optimize it, despite never really optimizing anything before :P

Am I crazy or did I read Caves is your favorite all time CC level??

Caves is definitely my favourite CC level <3 . It's so simple but so difficult to solve. I did get a little frustrated when I first played it, however when I found a solution I realised that it is actually a pretty easy level. :chipwin: