Sign in to follow this  
AdrenalinDragon

What is your favourite type of music?

Your favourite type of music?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite type of music?

• Rock
    • Metal
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Classical
    • Country
    • Techno
    • Rap
    • Other

So what kind of music are you guys into? I'm a Rock, Heavy, and Techno guy who likes a bit of Classical and Pop as well. I'd probably say Rock music is my favourite overall because it's the one I grew up with most bands in. In all truthness, I like all music though. What about you?

Well..I like rock, light metal and a bit of techno music. I mainly listen to VIDEO GAME music though :D

I was going to put video game as a genre, but I wasn't really sure where it would fit. I love 8 bit and 16 music best myself though, mostly the techno, fast paced ones.

I listen to basically all music except for modern American/UK pop, rap, and country.

I really like progressive rock/metal. I listen to mostly metal bands, but I enjoy rock and indie rock more.

My iTunes library holds almost 20 days worth of music.

Alternative, grunge, indie, power pop, punk (so rock), trance, and house (so techno, even though electronic would have been a better descriptor to put in the poll). You should be able to choose two options...

Video game music is cool too, namely, for me, Dance Dance Revolution, Sonic, and Jet Set Radio.

Alternative, grunge, indie, power pop, punk (so rock), trance, and house (so techno, even though electronic would have been a better descriptor to put in the poll). You should be able to choose two options...

Video game music is cool too, namely, for me, Dance Dance Revolution, Sonic, and Jet Set Radio.

Poll now allows multiple choices. Just delete your vote and try again.

I voted other for VIDEO GAME music!!! It's usually my favorite, if you don't really like Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road theme then you must have an extreme dislike for space or something. I also voted Techno just for Want You Gone, currently one of my favorites.

Poll now allows multiple choices. Just delete your vote and try again.

But you didn't bother to add video game music :P

I love rock, jazz, techno, and classical...but most of all, I adore movie soundtracks. :D

Rock, Jazz (especially Fusion and Be-bop), Classical (mostly Romantic and Impressionist), New Wave, Contemporary, Video Games. Didn't write Metal just to annoy people, even if I do like it.

Country music is my favorite music. I heard this kind of music on the first time, when I played GTA: San Andreas and I was hearing the songs from the radio. It was amazing, especially the Merle Haggard's song. :) I also like the classical music.

As far as I'm concerned, cheesy 80's British synth-pop is the most glorious sound ever created.

::Hides under his desk::

ERASURE FOREVER

I was surprised to notice that rock was the most popular genre here. I'll listen to most varieties of metal, chiefly progressive such as Dream Theater, Redemption, Shadow Gallery and Zero Hour, but also including power, Christian, extreme and post-metal, as well as acoustic, gospel or otherwise Christian music, world music, classical, musical theater, jazz and electronica (all of which can routinely appear in progressive metal!) Music is a vast world of expression, a system which seems meticulously designed for our enjoyment in utterly intangible ways that seem rationally unexplainable otherwise. My whole outlook and worldview has been changed by music and what it has taught me about this state we call existence and the realities within it.

I usually can't choose favorites for anything, but I do enjoy jazz, classical, and electronic music. My music library is pretty varied though.

Some of my favorites at the moment include Andromeda, Jason Mraz, Animals as Leaders and Lynda Lemay

Right now and for the past few days, my favorite kind of music has seemed to be "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips, it's been on near repeat.