Sign in to follow this  
AdrenalinDragon

What is your favourite type of music?

Your favourite type of music?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite type of music?

• Rock
    • Metal
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Classical
    • Country
    • Techno
    • Rap
    • Other

I have to say anything video games summarizes my week though.

Yeah, all I have on my IPod is music soundtracks. One of my favourites is Super Meat Boy's soundtrack. Awesome! (Y)

While we're on the subject of soundtracks, I have a few I really like. that stand out enough for whatever reason for me to link them.

Mostly games. Youtube links included.

Games:

Homeworld Turanic Raiders theme.

Homeworld -

that plays for the third mission when you arrive to discover Kharak has been destroyed.

Dwarf Fortress -

. - a tad sloppy, as it was done by the maker of the game and not a professional but it's an excellent piece regardless.

Movies:

Dante's peak (too bad the movie is average at best) - main theme. Volume warning 50 seconds in - the beginning is pretty quiet but the rest is not. It's also a little creepy.

from LOTR stands out, although the whole thing is good. Warning: It's creepy, but you'll already know that unless you've lived in a box the last decade.
is good too, but means little without context. Also, I cannot mention LOTR music without mentioning
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, all I have on my IPod is music soundtracks.

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE ANYMORE! (Y)

Right now and for the past few days, my favorite kind of music has seemed to be "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips, it's been on near repeat.

The Flaming Lips! Wow. Takes me back.

Didn't they have a song about tangerines or something?

I don't think they have a song about peaches but I haven't listened to every song The Flaming Lips have made. Tangerines makes me think of the song Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, or maybe the song Peaches by The Presidents Of The United State of America, but neither of those songs bear much resemblance to The Flaming Lips.

Tastes in music change over the years, except that I always hated 'disco' (1980's). I like stuff from the 40's still, like the "ink spots". I have a CD of their best stuff. My favorite is still "Jave Jive". I like stuff I can sing along with, which is probably why I love the "silly songs with Larry" on the VeggieTales DVD's. I was part of an amateur quartet for a little while doing the bass part; gospel and barbershop.

Ian

Right now, soundtracks of various NES Megaman and Castlevania games, and anything Powerglove (Y)

• Upvote 1

Well, speaking of video game music. I've listened to quite a bit of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword music in the past few months. Besides that I do have plenty of video game soundtracks and video game remixes and reorchestrations, as well as "video game style" music (whatever that means) that isn't actually from video games.

I should get this USB device that you plug in your car, I could listen to my music pretty much anytime...

I've never heard of that, but I do know plenty of people that are able to plug their MP3 players into there car's system. The sound quality isn't always that impressive though.

Tastes in music change over the years, except that I always hated 'disco' (1980's). I like stuff from the 40's still, like the "ink spots". I have a CD of their best stuff. My favorite is still "Jave Jive". I like stuff I can sing along with, which is probably why I love the "silly songs with Larry" on the VeggieTales DVD's. I was part of an amateur quartet for a little while doing the bass part; gospel and barbershop.

Ian

Just to be annoying, I have to point out that Disco was in the 70s -- I grew up in that hell. One of the great parts of the 80s was the death of disco. Yay new wave. And yay Larry. "Three yummy cookies. They are for Santa, but you may have one."

I don't think they have a song about peaches but I haven't listened to every song The Flaming Lips have made. Tangerines makes me think of the song Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, or maybe the song Peaches by The Presidents Of The United State of America, but neither of those songs bear much resemblance to The Flaming Lips.

I just remember Tangerines rhyming with Magazines and Vaseline -- maybe it wasn't the Lips after all.

I remember disco as continuing into the early 80's. But then I remember that when your memory goes, you can forget it.

Ian :unsure:

Well, it was there but we all wished it was gone.

This is why Hall & Oates "Kiss on my List" was so seminal. It signaled a paradigm shift in popular music. Before it there was only Air Supply or, if you were watching, The Pretenders.

What is popular now? I don't really follow what the cool (or uncool) kids are listening to. All I know is that I hate indie rock and anyone who thinks, based on what I like, that I should like it.