AdrenalinDragon

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread!

As you level up in the CC Zone Forums, give you say on the level you're currently on while posting in this topic. One sentence to describe it would be perfect.

Scavenger Hunt - A great maze like level finding certain objects that I personally found not boring at all!

Iceberg - a level that led to many a silly death via ice slides of doom when I was little.

Blink - a level that can be solved easily with a systematic approach, but can be really hard when one wanders aimlessly.

The Nuts and Bolts award is given too early, Tom :P I got it and I'm still on Lesson 8.

Nuts and Bolts - .the rather famous first challenge in the set. :)

The Nuts and Bolts award is given too early, Tom :P I got it and I'm still on Lesson 8.

Nuts and Bolts - .the rather famous first challenge in the set. :)

Fixed. You're not on Nuts and Bolts anymore! :P

Chipmine -- Interesting concept but overextended. Still puts down that basic "It's always at the farthest point from where you stand."

"On The Rocks" - not the worst level ever, but certainly one of the less impressive levels out there (at least in the pool of Lynx-compatable levels; if you include all of the levels with invalid tiles, it actually becomes one of the better CC levels).

Nuts and Bolts - When me and my friend were younger, we couldn't do this level at all. (We weren't able to do the ice and fire bit for some reason...) After an hour of playing we got the chance to skip the level and we took it! We managed to get up to level 16 that day. I solved level 9 a few days later.

Mugger Square - When I was little, I made it a goal to collect all of the boots, even redundant ones.

Redundant? I used every one.

As do I. Mishmesh, that is. "Playtime" is a lot of fun, at least on those occasions when you don't get killed by that infernal trap...

One of the original CC websites said something along the lines of "It's the kind of level you beat the first time out and never manage to beat again."

I can relate.

Block Factory - a level that always confused me way back in the days when I was a stupid kid. I never got the point of the level :/

I think I gained about seven or so levels from all of this catching up today. :D

Amsterdam - A level that was thought to be fully optimized, and then Pieguy was like "Lol wut? John is beating me? lol not anymore."

Amsterdam - A level that was thought to be fully optimized, and then Pieguy was like "Lol wut? John is beating me? lol not anymore."

LOL

Grail - One of the many CC1 levels I never understood.

Eeny Miny Moe - A level that I thought was impossible a long time ago. I always thought there weren't enough blocks in the top section. (Yeah, I was stupid back then.)

Eeny Miny Moe - A level that I thought was impossible a long time ago. I always thought there weren't enough blocks in the top section. (Yeah, I was stupid back then.)

Yeah, there aren't enough, until you realize that there are....

Yeah, there aren't enough, until you realize that there are....

I don't always call levels impossible, but when I do, they aren't.

Colony - one of those levels in CC1 that could've been made smaller...

Edit: ...except now I've just discovered that I've hit the threshold for "Apartment" right before I posted. :) Very well, then - this is a level that I tried to solve with random guessing and no logic whatsoever as a kid.

Strange Maze - Totally strange indeed! I always thought there were hidden keys and such to get through the obstacles when I was younger.

Edit: ...except now I've just discovered that I've hit the threshold for "Apartment" right before I posted. :) Very well, then - this is a level that I tried to solve with random guessing and no logic whatsoever as a kid.

Same here! I never use to know how to beat this level...

Nightmare - A level that never gave me any. It was too easy.

Same here. I think at one point I assumed it was an ironic name, the way Cake Walk was ironic.

LESSON 6 -- Hey, what are those chips doing over there? How do I get there? How in the hell is this--

Ooops! Out of time!

Corridor - pretty much one of the underrated great levels of CC1 that should be seen more often in custom sets. (except the roaming walkers)

I don't know, but as a kid, I was seriously frightened of them in that part of the level.

That's so wrong. Walkers rule!

Although I agree they freaked me out when I first played that level.

I also agree that there should be more levels like this.

Fireflies:

Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me...

Oh wait, wrong one. :)

Walkers, they aren't so bad. It gets really annoying when you're near a walker and a wall is there, and you're like "that walker won't hit me, it's gonna go in a totally different direction than where I'm standin---

Ooops! Look out for creatures!

=======

LESSON 7 ---

chip_stolen_boots.png

Fireflies:

Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me...

Oh wait, wrong one. :)

Take my hand / Share the land

If you played the most recent version of JCCLP, you will see there is a level like Corridor AND Lock Block! (Y)

It's funny how I just got 400 posts but at one of my least favorite CC1 levels, Writers Block, as all it is is a giant block-pushing frenzy with only just enough blocks and is super-easy to screw up.

#147 (Force Field) - this was quite the nightmarish challenge as a kid.

I remember playing this level, did everything... then forgot TO PUT THE DAMN BLOCK ON THE BROWN BUTTON. I had to do that boring old level again. Meh.

I sort of liked Elementary as an exploration of the various elements. Mind, this was when I was still stuck on Castle Moat. ;)

Four Plex - One of my favorite CC1 levels that actually has some pretty great puzzles, especially that glider/bomb room (Y)

• Upvote 1

Another vote for FOUR PLEX, especially because of the disappearing pink ball glitch.

Also, I did not like INVINCIBLE CHAMPION.

NUTS AND BOLTS --- This was the official first level of Chip's Challenge; due to the others being the "learning levels", therefore called the 8 Lessons. This level was basically all the previous lessons summed up in a big challenge for the new players. This level was fun and it's also where Melinda put a secret wall panel to outsmart the spies.

I felt like typing. :D

INVINCIBLE CHAMPION, METASTABLE TO CHAOS and LOBSTER TRAP are annoying levels. Not bad, I just didn't like them. If you complete geodave3 level Instable, you may better appreciate why these sorts of levels are annoying.

Still, I'd vote them in for the sake of variety.

You'd probably despise my level "Eat Dirt," as it uses that floor pattern tha was in these three levels. ;)