random 8

Supercollab 2: The Generic Sequel

the 1.7 room is nice but (unless I'm wrong which is possible) seems like it relies on a some lucky monster collision or is a little messy. On the other hand, i solved it pretty quickly anyway.

On room 1.5 (I think Zommy added) the walls near the beginning make it so you must proceed into this room from the west area (my room) meaning if you come here (to 1.5) first then go into Chipster/Micheal and my area later, you might have to go through Zommy's room again. (which may end up leading down a very long path depending on what people add)

I'm not complaining just pontificating. I like the idea of this level having sections that you can do in any order the player chooses.

here is addition 8: :)

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/342-piecewise-8/

[i didn't change anything else like anything I mentioned above]

I will add another section if possible.

As for the fireball and bomb room, there is only one bomb [23, 8] that requires precise timing, as Chip must press the button at [20, 7] to let the other fireball pass and detonate the bomb.  The rest depends on picking up the chips at the right moment.

I have uploaded my part with two variations (see main download). The second one changes more of what was already added, so i do not know if it is okay with the other designers.

Well, both versions seem somewhat equal to me.  However, they are both impossible in Lynx, because it is impossible to flick the block off the closed toggle walls.  Or am I doing it wrong?

Well, both versions seem somewhat equal to me.  However, they are both impossible in Lynx, because it is impossible to flick the block off the closed toggle walls.  Or am I doing it wrong?

it's doable. You just missed a small detail.

I just found it.  Thanks!

However, I just noticed a bust: that toggle button section can open the toggle wall I added, making the itemswapper I added useless.

But you can't leave that section unless you put the toggle walls back in their original state -- unless you're talking about the corridor above it, which may depend on what other people add. In any case, i can add an open toggle wall at [23,16] and a green button at [24,16].

However, i just realized a bust in MS where the ice skates from the itemswapper can be used to cross the ice corners NE and NW of the exit so Chip can boost backwards using a block as a nail. I'm placing a S panel at [18,14] and a SE panel at [18,15]. The S panel will allow flicking in MS, but I don't mind.

Also, you seem to have made a weird mix of 9a and 9b because there is an extra block at [16,18].

But you can't leave that section unless you put the toggle walls back in their original state -- unless you're talking about the corridor above it, which may depend on what other people add. In any case, i can add an open toggle wall at [23,16] and a green button at [24,16].

However, i just realized a bust in MS where the ice skates from the itemswapper can be used to cross the ice corners NE and NW of the exit so Chip can boost backwards using a block as a nail. I'm placing a S panel at [18,14] and a SE panel at [18,15]. The S panel will allow flicking in MS, but I don't mind.

Also, you seem to have made a weird mix of 9a and 9b because there is an extra block at [16,18].

Yes, I took the corridor above it.  As for the extra block, I placed it because I saw no other way of blowing the bomb up at [26, 18].

Yes, I took the corridor above it.  As for the extra block, I placed it because I saw no other way of blowing the bomb up at [26, 18].

That's what the [17,13] block on gravel is for. :)

That's what the [17,13] block on gravel is for. :)

Thanks for explaining.  Feel free to remove my blobk.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/348-supercollab-2/

Michael added a Key Colour reference, so I felt it only appropriate to add a Mr McCallahan Presents reference. SPECIAL reference next, anyone? Except ew, SPECIAL.

Someone should.  We will see...

You'll have to download Zommy's file because the uploader is broken on my end for whatever reason.

Yeah it's broken on my end too. I already added my section though.

Edit: Uploader works again <3

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/349-supercollab-2-113/

Edited by Flareon350

I just realized i accidentally swapped the blue and yellow keys in the top-right corner for 2.12. I was toying around with it and forgot to undo that change, but as it turns out it's still solvable. I think i actually prefer their order swapped.

And geodave steps in to fill the rest of the map! :chipwin:

And then he uploaded it pretending to be Flareon350...

Anyway, this topic will now die. R.I.P. thread (2014 - 2014)

Ok, so this is ready for me to try? I've been waiting for you guys to finish it, and if it's been done for a year, I never heard about it. Where's the first one? Should I include the two levels in the Goodie Bag? Is there a summary somewhere who worked on this and maybe what they did? 

Ok, so this is ready for me to try? I've been waiting for you guys to finish it, and if it's been done for a year, I never heard about it. Where's the first one? Should I include the two levels in the Goodie Bag? Is there a summary somewhere who worked on this and maybe what they did? 

What do you mean with "the first one"?

As for this level, random 8's latest file contains all the versions.  The contributors are mentioned in the hints.