random 8

Supercollab 2: The Generic Sequel

The second super-collaborative project has begun!

Here is the file. I will try to keep it up-to-date by adding the new versions as they come in. I will also keep this post updated with a list of users who have contributed and users who want to go next.

Le Queue:

<first>
random 8
chipster1059
Michael
mobius
Zommy08
Flareon350
Hornlitz
mobius (2)
random 8 (2)
Michael (2)
chipster1059 (2)
Zommy08 (2)
Flareon350 (2)
geodave (see Flareon350 (2))
<last>

NOTE: If you don't submit your version before the time stated by your name in the queue (set 168 hours [1 week] after the moment you reach the top of the queue), you will automatically be removed from the queue. You can ask for an extension, but only up to 168 additional hours.

LEVEL HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

Edited by random 8

I'll add something tomorrow. I'll remember to check here first in case anybody enters before me.

The way the queue works is that once you're on it, no one (besides those who were already on) can get in front of you, so you don't have to worry about that.

oh ok, I didn't know how this worked. Well you might as well take my name off the list because I can't think of anything. I also don't have much time to do it now so others should just go ahead of me.

As you wish....

Also, i added a notice to my first post (which i meant to have there in the beginning but forgot about it).

put me on the list again, I've got back in the creating mood and I've thought of some things I could add. [put me on the end, I mean, I'm not asking to go ahead of the others]

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/338-collab-level-generic-sequel-4th-edition/

to the participants: you can add another exit from my room if you want, or block off the FF exit. The extra thiefs are to prevent you from escaping from that first room with boots but I'm not sure that they're necessary; you can remove them if you want.

and where did Tom go?

Updated.

Mobius, i noticed in your version that the wall at [15,18] disappeared. Was that deliberate? (I don't mind if it is; it just seems odd since it doesn't affect anything so far.)

EDIT: Mobius just told me in the chatroom that it's a mistake, so i made another update.

Edited by random 8

Nice to see you found out about the hint.

And the block doesn't need to make it to the ice corners.  Chip simply has to push it to [2, 20], then go on the other side and push it out of the room.

And by the way, what does "Piecewise" mean?

Piecewise is a mathematical term, but with respect to this level, it doesn't mean anything. I just chose that name because i liked it.

I told mobius in the chatroom that you guys can change the name if you want, but i want to take that back now, mainly because i don't want to deal with any disputes on that matter.

So, is it too late to sign my name up for helping with this? I never got a chance to do anything with the first supercollab, so I'd like to give this one a try, but if you're already too far into it, that's fine. 

So, is it too late to sign my name up for helping with this? I never got a chance to do anything with the first supercollab, so I'd like to give this one a try, but if you're already too far into it, that's fine. 

Go ahead, there is still a large part of the map to fill up.

the 1.7 room is nice but (unless I'm wrong which is possible) seems like it relies on a some lucky monster collision or is a little messy. On the other hand, i solved it pretty quickly anyway.

On room 1.5 (I think Zommy added) the walls near the beginning make it so you must proceed into this room from the west area (my room) meaning if you come here (to 1.5) first then go into Chipster/Micheal and my area later, you might have to go through Zommy's room again. (which may end up leading down a very long path depending on what people add)

I'm not complaining just pontificating. I like the idea of this level having sections that you can do in any order the player chooses.

here is addition 8: :)

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/342-piecewise-8/

[i didn't change anything else like anything I mentioned above]

I will add another section if possible.

As for the fireball and bomb room, there is only one bomb [23, 8] that requires precise timing, as Chip must press the button at [20, 7] to let the other fireball pass and detonate the bomb.  The rest depends on picking up the chips at the right moment.

I have uploaded my part with two variations (see main download). The second one changes more of what was already added, so i do not know if it is okay with the other designers.

Well, both versions seem somewhat equal to me.  However, they are both impossible in Lynx, because it is impossible to flick the block off the closed toggle walls.  Or am I doing it wrong?

Well, both versions seem somewhat equal to me.  However, they are both impossible in Lynx, because it is impossible to flick the block off the closed toggle walls.  Or am I doing it wrong?

it's doable. You just missed a small detail.

I just found it.  Thanks!

However, I just noticed a bust: that toggle button section can open the toggle wall I added, making the itemswapper I added useless.

But you can't leave that section unless you put the toggle walls back in their original state -- unless you're talking about the corridor above it, which may depend on what other people add. In any case, i can add an open toggle wall at [23,16] and a green button at [24,16].

However, i just realized a bust in MS where the ice skates from the itemswapper can be used to cross the ice corners NE and NW of the exit so Chip can boost backwards using a block as a nail. I'm placing a S panel at [18,14] and a SE panel at [18,15]. The S panel will allow flicking in MS, but I don't mind.

Also, you seem to have made a weird mix of 9a and 9b because there is an extra block at [16,18].

But you can't leave that section unless you put the toggle walls back in their original state -- unless you're talking about the corridor above it, which may depend on what other people add. In any case, i can add an open toggle wall at [23,16] and a green button at [24,16].

However, i just realized a bust in MS where the ice skates from the itemswapper can be used to cross the ice corners NE and NW of the exit so Chip can boost backwards using a block as a nail. I'm placing a S panel at [18,14] and a SE panel at [18,15]. The S panel will allow flicking in MS, but I don't mind.

Also, you seem to have made a weird mix of 9a and 9b because there is an extra block at [16,18].

Yes, I took the corridor above it.  As for the extra block, I placed it because I saw no other way of blowing the bomb up at [26, 18].

Yes, I took the corridor above it.  As for the extra block, I placed it because I saw no other way of blowing the bomb up at [26, 18].

That's what the [17,13] block on gravel is for. :)

That's what the [17,13] block on gravel is for. :)

Thanks for explaining.  Feel free to remove my blobk.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/348-supercollab-2/

Michael added a Key Colour reference, so I felt it only appropriate to add a Mr McCallahan Presents reference. SPECIAL reference next, anyone? Except ew, SPECIAL.

Someone should.  We will see...

You'll have to download Zommy's file because the uploader is broken on my end for whatever reason.

You'll have to download Zommy's file because the uploader is broken on my end for whatever reason.

Yeah it's broken on my end too. I already added my section though.

Edit: Uploader works again <3

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/349-supercollab-2-113/

Edited by Flareon350

I just realized i accidentally swapped the blue and yellow keys in the top-right corner for 2.12. I was toying around with it and forgot to undo that change, but as it turns out it's still solvable. I think i actually prefer their order swapped.

And geodave steps in to fill the rest of the map! :chipwin:

And then he uploaded it pretending to be Flareon350...

Anyway, this topic will now die. R.I.P. thread (2014 - 2014)

Ok, so this is ready for me to try? I've been waiting for you guys to finish it, and if it's been done for a year, I never heard about it. Where's the first one? Should I include the two levels in the Goodie Bag? Is there a summary somewhere who worked on this and maybe what they did? 

Ok, so this is ready for me to try? I've been waiting for you guys to finish it, and if it's been done for a year, I never heard about it. Where's the first one? Should I include the two levels in the Goodie Bag? Is there a summary somewhere who worked on this and maybe what they did? 

What do you mean with "the first one"?

As for this level, random 8's latest file contains all the versions.  The contributors are mentioned in the hints.

According to this file, it was finished February 4th of last year.

Michael linked to the first one. The topic for it can be found here.

What goes in the Goodie Bag exactly? I thought it's just for competition levels.

For the contributors, you can go by the hints in each level of the set (and what they did would be the difference between current level and previous level), or you can reference the first post of this topic. I'm not aware of such a summary for the first supercollab, though, so you may have to go through the whole thread for that.

Thanks guys!

I know it has only had one release, but in my mind the Goodie Bag collects stuff that we've all done together here at CC Zone. So far it's just been competition related stuff, but this collab stuff could fit right in, I think. (As long as nobody objects, of course.) My intention is that new members to the community can download one thing and get a lot of interesting stuff without having to search for each thing separately. Now that I put it in writing like that, maybe there could be other similar 'bags' that collect recommended (finished) sets for people to play? hmmm...

-Miika