lookatthis

Ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer

I did some good things too. Korra, who warned you about Unalaq? I did! Bolin, who got you into the movers? I did! Asami, who saved your company? I did! Mako, who got you thrown in jail? I did!

Oh yeah I guess that was a bad thing.

I'm gonna pick up some Taco Bell. Want anything?

• Upvote 1

Okay, but you should stop wearing that cap. We can't have you promoting that brand.

Isn't the moon a star?

• Upvote 3

Definition of THAT
a :  the person, thing, or idea indicated, mentioned, or understood from the situation <that is my father>

b :  the time, action, or event specified <after that I went to bed>

c :  the kind or thing specified as follows <the purest water is that produced by distillation>

d :  one or a group of the indicated kind <that's a cat — quick and agile>

You gonna finish those fries, man?

Yes. It's "I don't have any question, could you suggest one?"

What color is the dress?

Great set. Glad Zane doesn't have any levels in it.

Digital witnesses, what's the point of even sleeping? If I can't show it, you can't see me. What's the point of doing anything?

We are!

When will Chipster realize that he spelled "research" incorrectly in his About Me section?

• Upvote 1

As soon as Chipster realizes that CC2 is the best video game ever.

When's Michael gonna post his CCLP1 score though?

Because the bionic woman got cancelled.

Why is the upload limit on this site too small for level sets with music?

Because, tbh, nobody is playing custom CC2 sets for the music.

Officer, I got one question for you. WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOSE?

Calcium hydride is the chemical compound with the formula CaH2. This grey powder (white if pure, which is rare) reacts vigorously with water liberating hydrogen gas. CaH2 is thus used as a drying agent, i.e. a desiccant.

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question. So how is it possible, that there are so many dumb questions in this thread :huh:

Because I'm dumb (or maybe just happy)

What is the highest level in CCLP4 voting right now?

Well threads are just things if you really think about it

Why does chipster think Dream World is a weak level :(

Because it only exists in your dreams.

How many scissors does it take to splice a video?

random 8: one pair, but it has to be virtual scissors.

Do you want me to tickle you?

Why does chipster think Dream World is a weak level :(

Honest, not dumb answer: it's not weak, it's just "ordinary".

I promise not to tell.

How would you rank all the albums in Radiohead's discography, from best to worst?

because CC is too much fun

If random 8 fails his test, should he sue Chuck Sommerville for making a game so fun it interfered with his study?

No, he should sue Bridgestone Multimedia Group.

(Too soon?)

Shouldn't the OSHA be doing something about Melinda's ridiculously dangerous 149-floor labyrinth?

They would, but she hacked their computers decades ago and uploaded software that hides the Bit Busters' activities from the government.

There are ants in Chip's Challenge -- why is there no picnic-table element?

Actually, turns out Melinda is more interested in Vladimir Gerajkee. Who knew?

What do the enemies do to blue keys, exactly?

Well the enemies don't have any pockets, and the keys disappear from sight. 'tis a mystery where they put them.

What do the enemies do with their time when the clubhouse is closed and noone is playing the levels?

They optimize the levels, of course. Morton's almost got 5,970,000 for CC1!

Also, this is what happens to blue keys apparently:

image.png.fd51c4a6702b9f9f9e945977d255a3da.png

What is love?

baby don't hurt me

CC1 had 149 levels. Does this mean the clubhouse building had 149 different physical rooms, one for each level? Or did the clubhouse just have a handful of rooms and once Chip completed a level they had to dismantle the level so they could build a new one? Are there multiple clubhouses? What we do know is that the Blobnet level 23 was so overrun with blobs it couldn't be dismantled and had to be walled off.  And how long does it take them to prepare a level for Chip to play considering there are 31^2=961 tiles. Do you think the people who put the Tossled Salad level together got into trouble for leaving the chip socket at the warehouse? Are the rumours true that Chip vomited all over the ForceField level and the vomit is still there to this day because noone wanted to clean it up? Are the rumours true that Chip has a phobia of pink bouncy balls and for these levels you actually play as a Chip lookalike? And did the Clubhouse really give Chip $100,000 payout in a lawsuit compensation for the injuries Chip sustained from being bitten by teeth or burnt by fire? Do monsters help to physically build the levels for Chip to play, or do they have a smoke break when they aren't monstering? So many questions.

There are 149 clubhouses scattered evenly across the Earth's surface (figure that one out!), one per CC1 level. They took two years in total to build. Construction for them was funded by the U.S. Government, which Melinda has secretly been in control of ever since an April Fools prank gone wrong.

Blobnet was incorrectly assembled, one of the walls is misaligned from the grid by about a few millimeters. For this reason, it was condemned and the Bit Busters promised never to speak of it again... until Chip got confused and found his way into it anyway. 

Tossed Salad having no chip socket is a reference to a very specific passage of the Bible that is removed from all modern printings by Melinda's demand ("And guide him through a house of robots and monsters and forget to seal off the exits.")

Chip is very prone to nausea when he's on force floors, and Force Field is no exception. Ultimately his puke was never cleaned up because the splash of color he added to all of the force floors was "much better than standard gray".

A pink bouncy ball killed Chip's uncle in cold blood when he was only five years old. Even worse, his uncle had no life insurance. Melinda gladly crossdresses as Chip for any levels he deems too scary and is usually nice enough to let him keep the high scores.

Chip has demanded upward of a billion dollars for being rendered legally and physically dead many times over. Thankfully, Melinda, an aspiring philosopher, managed to convince everyone in the court that money was meaningless, at least for the duration of the trial, and escaped with paying Chip nothing more than some dryer lint and a fresh stick of gum.

Monsters usually do community service to make up for being cold-blooded killers. They're not actually allowed to be in the clubhouses, but the Bit Busters manage to sneak them in anyways.

Why can you push ice blocks and cleans blocks onto clone machines but not dirt blocks?

Because the blocks have to be lifted up a ramp into the machines and dirt blocks are too heavy.

What happens to all those Chip and Melinda clones (not the mimics) when a level ends? Do they just go out and live with society? Do they go drown themselves? Do they get converted into monsters?

They're not clones, they're cosplayers. They have their own lives to attend to once the level is over, presumably.

Why would suction cup boots let you stand still on a moving floor? (And if they do let you completely ignore the velocity of whatever you're on top of, doesn't that mean the Earth would go right under your feet?)

Only Morton knows the answer to that one, but noone wants to approach him to ask because the rumours are he has rabies and he bites.

Is it true the teeth monsters have been around for centuries, and in the Medieval era they were used as guillotines to execute criminals because they can literally open their mouths wide enough to bite down on a humans head?

Of course!

I hope I can explain myself well enough, here, but, 

If there were a small room where the ceiling, the floor, the walls and every object inside glow in the dark, would there be enough light for everything to stop glowing?

No, because then everything would become dark.

If you played Chips challenge on a calculator, how would you move Chip?

You just type in the coordinates you want Chip to move to and then he tries to move there as if you clicked on that tile. Oh, and it's still in realtime.

If you played Chip's Challenge on a Porsche, would that be a justifiable excuse for why you drove right into a truck?

Not really, because the trucker could be clever enough to punch you in the face and say "sorry, but I was playing Chip's Challenge on my fist". 

If Chip's Challenge is being played on a Porsche, is it being played on a screen built into the Porsche, but with a controller, or is the Porsche itself the controller, and where you end up depends entirely on the level you're trying to solve?

She's underage!

Why are people convinced that BBC stands for something other than Bit Busters Club?

because they are british and think the bit busters club is actually a news broadcaster

are the rumours true? did Chip really pay a teeth monster to let him put his, er chip, in its mouth?

Hey, Melinda wasn't feeling up to it that day.

Why are the light switches in CC2 placed on the floor? Do Chip and Melinda have to kick them on and off?

That's not the floor, that's the wall. Compare with the orientation of the in-game characters, and of your computer screen.

What dumb question should I ask next?

If you look at Chip (facing downward) then if you look at a tank facing downward, you can see that the tank is from a top-down bird's-eye orientation whilst Chip looks like he is standing upright.

Does that mean all this time Chip has actually been lying on the ground, and instead of walking he just shuffles along on his back/front/side?

No, it means the tank is always hilariously tilted over.

What does Vladimir look like? Need to know because a guy who knows a friend of mine is writing a CC2 fancomic.

Glasses, bald head, square manly chin, nose bent to the side because of a past fight, big black bushy beard.

If, instead of Chip losing the level and having to restart after just one hit, he had an energy bar allowing him to take multiple hits; would that be a great idea or a terrible idea?

I bet more than half of CC players would think it’s a good idea, but would still stick with the 1 hit death.

Why do bombs in CC act more like landmines than actual bombs with a lit fuse?

The ball with lit fuse design may have been chosen for the graphic because it can be instantly recognised by everyone, plus it's a very simple design which is handy because CC graphics are small and have limited pixels.

The tool thief probably makes money from selling the tools he steals from you, but what does the key thief do with all those keys? Noone is going to buy a random key.

The key thief uses the keys to break into Chip's house and steal all of his money. Much easier than the tool thief trying to sell off his random boots. (Though if the tool thief gets a bribe - a treasure chest full of gold and alcohol - key thief will be wishing he'd gotten a different profession.)

Why doesn't the tank just shoot Chip? Why does it let Chip control it, anyways? Who's driving the tank?

All tanks are operated by the Clubhouse Central Computer Controller Core, which was built with a partial implementation of the First Law of Robotics: it is unable to perform any action that will definitely result in Chip's death, but it is quite free to set up death traps for Chip to navigate.

Why is Gamora?

Because she can, because she wants to, and because she has decided to.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:56 PM, Gavin said:

The tool thief probably makes money from selling the tools he steals from you, but what does the key thief do with all those keys? Noone is going to buy a random key.

Ya know, maybe the yellow keys are made out of gold. After all, there is a level in the original called GOLDKEY. Sorry for drifting a bit off topic here, but on the subject of stolen keys, apparently monsters eat blue keys. This has already been a question before but my guess is that it's because the blue dye of the blue key is made out of an edible substance, and monsters love it.

Okay, and now, my question:

What is a MS CC1 glider? Is it a machine (like a flying machine) is it a simple object? (Like a kite) or is it a living creature? Why the cyan spot in the middle? What is the purpose of that spot? What's underneath it? Is it flat? Very flat? Almost like paper? What makes it able to travel over water? Does it swim or does it hover?

A glider is actually a man with an unusually shaped hang glider. The cyan spot is just really ugly decoration. He can fly over water, but fire (and slime) makes him really nervous so he either steers away from it or loses his grip and falls in.

Why does chip *need* chips?

• Upvote 1