Ihavenoname248

IHNN's levels feedback/discussion ("Best of" set released!)

Ultimate Chip 5 is basically finished and released here: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/494-ultimate-chip-5/

Contains 69 new levels, and the 80 existing levels have been re-ordered for a better play experience. The end of the set is a little block pushing heavy, but it is what it is.

My CCLP4 submission set has also been updated with 44 of these new levels.

Thoughts on UC4

1: Gorgeous Sweet Flower
Not much to say about a simple first level except, it's easy.

2: Concentric
Invisible walls done right, a little bit annoying the first time due to invisible walls, but not frustrating.

3: For the Fallen

The constant splashing sound at the start gets annoying fast, luckily it's actually part of the level and can be stopped.

4: Molecule

This level is beautiful, difficulty-wise it's still pretty easy, the hardest part is the keys, yes, the keys. Simply 'Mole-cool'.

5: East Wing

I didn't like this level much, took too much walking to get to monsters to go past to get chips to go back past monsters, the end with the tank was cool.

6: Another Side, Another Story

Really awesome concept that I completely missed the first attempt.

7: Field Day

no

I'll play some more levels when I stop being lazy about it, maybe even play UC5...

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/565-ihnn-ultimate/

I just released a best of set. The description to that has everything I want to say, and even though there's only 2 new levels to be found it's still probably worth a play. Miika, you asked what set next, this or JCCLP2 2.0 is a good idea (and I'm biased towards mine)  (Y)

As usual, any and all feedback is appreciated, even though there probably isn't much new ground to cover.

how do you level 77 (Antepiece) in ultimate chip 3? I need help with the third room with the fireball and two ice squares.

Hints and a solution in the spoiler tags below, with each one giving away more of the solution than the last.

The goal of the room is to get the fireball bouncing off the two ice tiles- block ice floor floor ice block.

How can that be done?

Think about how you've adjusted paths before: this room works the same way. Note that the destination of the three free blocks is on the top, so blocks can be moved to the 'top' row without cooking the level.

There's two main methods that can be used here: one that doesn't use the spare block, and one that does. The method that uses the spare block is the easier of the two, as the other method requires moving one block, then a different block, then the original block again with very little room for error.

Push the center block up 2 and then right 3 (this will move another block into place as well).

Move the now unused block below the second ice tile.

Move the top right block left 1, and push it left again after the fireball deflects off of it.

Hope you've been enjoying the set/levels so far! :)

BTW I've completed most of Ultimate Chip 4. I need to know how to do level 68 (Cloning Complications) i don't get it. Also, how on earth are you supposed to dodge those gliders in the second room in level 105, seems impossible. Help, please.

Thoughts on IHNN Ultimate. Completed all 149 levels :chipwin: and so many great levels along with the 2 medley levels (146 and 147). Every Puzzle has an Answer wasn't too bad the only tough parts were the to right corner with the cluster of chips surrounded by bombs. Also the "Flooded Field" portion was pretty challenging to enter but it was manageable. Reflections from a bygone era (147) was the better one in my opinion, especially the "Horizontal Motion Sensor" with the teeth close to the ending. That was y most favorite portion of the level. Anyway there were plenty of levels that I had so much fun playing such as In The Pipeline (68), Incredible Teleporting Butler (102), How To Re Tune Your Harp (114), and so much more. There weren't that many frustratingly annoying levels in this set, but some were a struggle though. As far as I recall "Out of the Frying Pan" (118) is a nice melee level, but it can be a little nerve wracking. The low time limit and the CHAOTIC chip collecting with the fireballs along with the ice maze with the blue keys. Also "Revenge Of the Level 1 Potted Plant" (131) was a major doozy to me. I am sort of a fan of monster organizing but the 2nd room was a doozy to me to be honest. Other than that a great "best of" level set with so many great levels from your Ultimate Chip series along with 2 new medley levels designed for the set. Speaking of ultimate chip series I've played a UC3 and UC4 and both of them are awesome sets as well. Thanks for great fun levels. :D

Glad you enjoyed the set!

Every Puzzle Has an Answer ended up being a semi open ended collection level with, as you mentioned, a couple tricky bits to unravel. The bomb section isn't too bad, though, since you have plenty of blocks, the teeth, and up to 4 fireballs available! I agree that Reflections from a Bygone Era is the better level. (and, had I designed it before the submission period ended, I definitely would have submitted it for CCLP4) The toggle section and reaching the exit can both be done with either the teeth or a glider, and I was pretty happy with noticing that.

68, 102 and 114 are often cited as some of my better designs, and I definitely agree (even if In the Pipeline isn't quite as good as I'd originally hoped- the CC2 version is truer to my original vision, with its aesthetic. Out of the Frying Pan can be handled in a chaotic manner... or an orderly one. The time limit does make coming up with a good strategy difficult, especially with the ice maze following, I agree.

Revenge of the Level 1 Potted Plant is one of those cases where it was originally busted, but it turned out to have an easy enough fix, so I fixed it once I realized. Which is a good thing because I really like the level- there's not enough monster manipulation puzzles like this!

How do you complete Cloning Complications (68) in Ultimate Chip 4? :huh: No matter how hard I try I cant seem to get past through the ball and tank part. I manage to get all the chips but after that I believe it is almost impossible to go through the ball going back and forth through the ice and force floors. Thanks (Y)

I am stuck on Microprocessor (93). I need some help please. :)  Thanks

P.S: Great level set so far. Look forward to the next 56 levels. :chipwin:

Ultimate Chip 4 complete! :chipwin:  Another fun level set again and very fun to play. I have completed all 149 levels and there was a mix of fun and challenging levels, thankfully not any levels that were unreasonably frustrating but some that were completely bewildering. I couldn't believe how stupid I was back when I was trying to beat Microprocessor (93), to be honest I was stuck on that level FOREVER! :unsure:  Turns out you cant blow up the chip surrounded by bombs and water without worrying about that ball. Speaking of ball I had to do a little "odd and even" technique so I can figure out where the ball was without prematurely screwing myself. Anyway, there were many great levels I loved. The Incredible Flaming Teleporting Butler (102) was a really creative way to use a fireball for multi purpose. How To Retune Your Harp (114) was another. So many great sokoban levels too, Tomb of The Forgotten (91), Internally Inconsistent (119), Tiny Isle (122), along with any other sokoban in the other levels. The entire 140's decade was my most favorite in the entire set. It was full of many epic levels and 2 great medley levels Subconscious (144) and Recollection (149) both of which were great "Mr. McCallahan Presents" levels. Also Guiding Light (146) great and brain teasing "You cant teach an old frog" type level. The only parts which were confusing were the tank cloning room and the room with the blocks and the force floors. The teeth on force floors is really creative too. Out Of The Frying Pan (148) was sort of Chaotic but fun. Anyway great level set and hopefully play CCLP4 soon! (Y) What levelset should I play next?

I can highly recommend:
JBLP1
JCCLP2
Pit of 100 Tiles
The Other 100 Tiles
TS_CCLP4 (yes, it's a CCLP4 submission set, but it's the best place to play Tyler's levels)
NeverStopGaming / NSG-Extended (the latter is a CCLP4 submission set)

Other good sets that aren't quite as consistently good (in my opinion, of course- there's some very enjoyable levels to be found in these sets, but there are also some frustrating ones)
ZK4
BigOto Returns
Chip56
ArchieP1
funfair
Rock-Beta

I'm probably forgetting something else that's a really good CC1 set.

CCLP4 is probably at least a year out from being finalized- voting is currently ongoing here, so the CCLP4 voting packs also wouldn't be a bad place to keep playing.

As always, thanks for the feedback! Internally Inconsistent is one of my favorites, too :)

[9/4/2016 11:12:23 PM] Derek: Idle Contrast: What Suspended Animation should've been

[9/5/2016 4:21:54 AM] Josh: aka the much much better version which I really like <3

[9/5/2016 10:12:37 AM] Derek: (Y)

[9/5/2016 10:14:46 AM] Jeffrey (IHNN): I liked it more than Suspended Animation but that's less because I liked Idle Contrast and more because I dislike Suspended Animation.

Idle Contrast was underwhelming with the "frozen" phase: would have liked to see that be longer or have the stopped monsters actually have more of an impact on where you can and can not go.

So we have an oversimplified and an overcomplicated version of the concept. Who's going to get it right?????

[9/5/2016 10:15:53 AM] Derek: The oversimplified version please

[9/5/2016 10:16:08 AM] Derek: I had a lot of fun with it. 5 stars please

[9/5/2016 10:19:07 AM] Derek: There wasn't much puzzle to Idle Contrast, true. But it was still really fun to play just because it was nowhere near as hard as SA

[9/5/2016 3:29:16 PM] Josh: I still think Idle Contrast did it spot on despite its length because it's much easier for beginners (compared to Suspended Animation) and is of course a lot more fun.

[9/5/2016 3:39:23 PM | Edited 3:39:56 PM] J.B. Lewis: I'm kind of torn about it - on one hand, I found Idle Contrast more fun, but on the other hand, I think it'd fit better in CCLP1 instead of a CCLP after CCLP3, where the concept was explored quite thoroughly (even if it was hard).

So, that discussion happened. I figured that since it was a concept I hadn't tried designing yet, I should give it a shot and see if I could nail that middle-complexity 'frozen monsters' level. I think I did, and there's even a new twist- some of the monsters stop again!

ouF71sT.png

• Upvote 2

I need tips for Rapture (135) in UC3, I've been stuck on this level for a while and I need help. One of the 3 levels I haven't completed yet.

You sure UC6 isn't confirmed? :P

That first level is a pretty interesting take on a bridge building level. It also looks pretty nice and pretty fun to play, are all the chips required in that one?

I know the voting deadline is only 2 days away, but I need a solution to Sculptor (148) from Ultimate Chip 3. I can't seem to solve it.

I know that this is a little too late but I've completed all 149 levels of Ultimate Chip 3! :chipwin: I was kind of exploring other level sets along with CCLP4 voting, glad to have given this one a shot. Overall, well crafted level set with great aesthetics and concepts. However, I felt that the difficulty curve was a little off. In the beginning there of plenty of challenging levels and I felt that around level 60 the difficulty started to go down a little bit. Not too much of a sharp curve but in my opinion hard start, medium in the middle, and sort of easy-medium towards the end. Anyway, there were many brain teasing levels like Antepiece (77), Pressure Splinter (90), Sculptor (148), and Deja Vu (149). Rapture (135) was a true killer though, bobdabaron helped me with that one. To me that level was like an insane version of "Trust Me" from CC1. Some of my favorite levels were Wall Jumping Up Waterfalls (140), In the Pipeline (56), Baltic Sea Trade Embargo (144) and Paper Shredder (93). There were a lot more levels that I enjoyed but those 4 levels were the levels that I had the most fun on. All in all, very good level set along with UC4 and UC5 and I enjoyed playing through it. (Y)

P.S: Thank you bobdabaron for helping me on some levels. :)

Knocked out UC1-4, nearly done with 5 (Josh's LP has helped on a few of the more sinister levels, including tank room on Bug's Life).

One question on score reporting, having never done it before: the boards on Pieguy's page, are those exclusively for MS? I've gone through Lynx as much as possible, which *usually* makes for a longer time, but every now and then can improve.

Specifically Vermin (UC5 148). I've heard everywhere that 126 is the bold for MS, but managed 127 in Lynx. Should that be allowed on the board, or is there a separate board for Lynx, or how does that work?