Earthling

Thread Necromancy

Bring this thread back up from far down the page!

When you post in this thread, you get a point for each week it has been since the last post. After one week, you get one point. You can try to wait two weeks and get two points, but someone else might post in the meantime!

No double posting allowed.

Edit: Correction from IceyLava below.

Edit 2: Weeks instead of months.

Edited by Earthling

If someone posts on the 31st of a month, and the next month only has 30 days (e.g. June), one month later is defined as the first day of the month after (August 1 in this example).

July is no longer a month.

• Upvote 2

Feeling blue,
I'm thinking of you,
Oh, I was a fool to let you walk away
Tears in my eyes today make my world...
The color of blue.

Red with a twist
Orange of the fire
Green of tourmaline
Yellow mellow hello, hello
Paint me a smile
I am covered and colored with one, only one.
Cause, baby, I'm alone, alone without you
What am I supposed to do?
I'm alone, alone without you
I'm the color of blue

Feeling blue,
I'm thinking of you,
The color of blue.

Feeling blue,
I'm thinking of you,
The color of blue.

• Upvote 1

Nobody is ever going to earn any points in this game...

We should make points determined by a continuous function -- in other words, if someone posts 1 day later, that would be 1/31st of a point.

On the forum I got this from, people are better about leaving it alone for weeks. :P

We should make points determined by a continuous function -- in other words, if someone posts 1 day later, that would be 1/31st of a point.

Hmm, yeah sure, why not.E

Edit: But note that nothing is official until it appears in the OP.

Edited by Earthling

How about this:

Someone digs up and old thread on CCZone, unlocked and that hasn't been posted in for a few months.  That person then makes a post in it that adds to the discussion and claims one point for every month where there were no posts in that thread.

How about this:

Someone digs up and old thread on CCZone, unlocked and that hasn't been posted in for a few months.  That person then makes a post in it that adds to the discussion and claims one point for every month where there were no posts in that thread.

If it's really possible to enforce the "adds to the discussion" rule I'd be fine with it.

Well let's see here:

no

This post from me was posted on April 24.

The next post: 

You see, it is possible to leave this thread alone for a month. 1 point for me!

was posted by Earthling approx. one month and one day after.

Therefore, I currently have a point.

Your argument is invalid.

(Unless the rules apply to only your posts, in which it's been over a month since my last post as well, being the Apr 24 post, so I still have a point in that case.)

----

If I'm wrong, then the rules of this thread do not make any logical sense at all and thus I'll just stop participating in it altogether.

When someone posts, they get points for the number of months it's been since the last time anyone posted on this thread. I posted a month after the last post, so I got a point. I should be the only one with points, except chipster apparently gave Josh a point from his own score, giving himself negative points. :huh:

When someone posts, they get points for the number of months it's been since the last time anyone posted on this thread. I posted a month after the last post, so I got a point. I should be the only one with points, except chipster apparently gave Josh a point from his own score, giving himself negative points. :huh:

Yeah I quit this thread. The rules don't make sense.

Well, I presumed that if you were the last to post, you get x amount of points for y amount of months until the next person posted. So if I post on May 1, and the thread is dead until June 1 when someone interrupts the silence, I get a point for being the one to post last before the dead period since anyone could have interrupted it at any time.

However, I somewhat understand the rules more now, but since the thread is already screwed up I will just stay out of the whole game, unless a second thread is created to resolve the mess that the first one is.

and honestly, 1 point per month is somewhat.. annoying. after finally realizing how the game works I went to other forums to see it in action and saw a version that gave 1 point per minute, so honestly I'd rather prefer points to be attained within a time span of a lot shorter than a month.

and honestly, 1 point per month is somewhat.. annoying. after finally realizing how the game works I went to other forums to see it in action and saw a version that gave 1 point per minute, so honestly I'd rather prefer points to be attained within a time span of a lot shorter than a month.

I did it as one point per month because this forum is not very active, and so getting points after say, a day or two, is hardly "thread nercomancy". Even after a month the thread wasn't very far down the page. Anybody can start a thread necromancy by days or minutes game, or a game where the last poster gets points when someone else posts. Not me though, I'm done with starting game threads.