jblewis

Levels You Would've Loved to See in CCLP1

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed Vertiginous Landscape.

I like the whole "gravity field" design it has, and I feel it hasn't been done all that much.

Gravity Well is good and all, but it doesn't have a campaign design within it like VL did.

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed Vertiginous Landscape.

I like the whole "gravity field" design it has, and I feel it hasn't been done all that much.

Gravity Well is good and all, but it doesn't have a campaign design within it like VL did.

That's exactly why Gravity Well was included- it wasn't a campaign level for the sake of variety. The two levels were very closely ranked.

That's exactly why Gravity Well was included- it wasn't a campaign level for the sake of variety. The two levels were very closely ranked.

I guess variety is a good factor.

If CCLP5 is a thing, perhaps VL might be a good candidate.

(It could also work in CC2 actually)

Okay, here's my pretty short list of levels I would have loved to see in CCLP4

Shuffling - this is the most obvious one and I was pretty much the only one fighting for this one to be included, but everyone else felt it was too rigid for the set. Not something I agree with but it still holds as a fantastic level in my eyes.

Dave's Warehouse - very underrated and unique sokoban level that I wish did better in voting.

Colorblind Dog - didn't do well in voting to be considered but was a very good key puzzle level.

Tanking Performance in the Tank of Tanks - was another potential tank level but was ultimately shot down early on in discussion.

Takedown - very nicely designed Zane campaign level and a fun one too. Despite doing very well in voting, it wasn't a strong pick for the rest of the staff. Admittedly, I wish I fought for this one more instead of Lockdown :P

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here - a very good puzzle/manipulation level I felt got unappreciated during construction. Looking back now, I would have preferred this over MSI.

Flock of Block - another awesome sokoban level, just didn't fight that hard for it (probably because I was busy fighting for Shuffling) :rolleyes:

Sandstorms in the Underworld - probably the only level of mine I actually wish got in (aside from Ragged Mountain over Life is Not a Puzzle now) and this was a potential paramecia themed level. But I think the linearity of it is what caused it to not be considered. I don't actually remember.

Airport Security - deemed unnecessary due to Bodyguards/Bisection but I still believe this level did both concepts better and probably would have been the smarter pick looking back (1 level in exchange for 2? Yes please!). Did exceptionally well in voting as well!

Puzzle Solver on a Tight Budget - I think only Jeffrey and I kind of pushed for this level :) would have been a great time crunch level but Air Bubble was preferred (not that that's a problem with me).

Idle Contrast - amazing concept done right, compared to Suspended Animation. Some people didn't enjoy the simplicity of it but I loved it. Though, I now prefer Jeffrey's version of the concept, so you better submit that for CCLP5 consideration ;)

Toggle Task - very good toggle wall themed level, just didn't do so good.

Conveyor Craze - why this didn't do better is beyond me. This concept is amazingly well-executed and was extremely fun to play.

An Exit to Remember - R.I.P. initial level 1 choice! :(

Sandstorms in the Underworld - probably the only level of mine I actually wish got in (aside from Ragged Mountain over Life is Not a Puzzle now) and this was a potential paramecia themed level. But I think the linearity of it is what caused it to not be considered. I don't actually remember.

If I remember right, we determined we didn't need a full paramecia level because ??? and the level didn't do well enough as a campaign level aside from that, especially with the dirt theming.

Though this reminded me that I wish Way of the Paramecium did better- the final CCLP4 really did lack a tough dodging focused level... Greenian Motion, Seeing Red and Japanese Game Show come closest but the first two are more contemplating how to dodge, and the last doesn't really feel like a dodging focus when playing. But I do see why Way of the Paramecium did poorly- it's lengthy and difficult, even with being able to tackle the sections in any order :P

Would it be okay if I listed some levels (of Josh's and Jeffrey's) that weren't in CCLP4 voting that should be in CCLP5 voting if it ever comes?

From JoshL5:

Green Lock Pool

Notice Me Senpai

Streamlined Pawns

Error 404: Level Not Found

Hail to the Thief

Year of the McCallahan

Rocky Road

From JoshL6-Extended:

The Strange Sokoban Principle

Carbon Footprint

Valley of Darkness

Walkways of Shalour

Smoke in a Non-Smoking Area

Wild and Reckless

Your Coffin Needs Organizing

You Can't Handle the Ice

Fool's Gold

Dancing in the Lightning

Indiscretion

A Sensible Alternative to Virtue

Piston It Away

Blue and Green Plantation

Critical Criminal

Explosive Chamber (It was submitted, but it somehow didn't get into voting)

Flame Boy Color

Claustrophobia Road

Castle McCallahan

Naval Base

From Ultimate Chip 5:

Conveyor Crypt

Gosper Glider Gun

Miasma

District 13

Plastic in the Ocean

MarshelkATxhrhuex

Studio 15, Lot 2

Breeze Harbor

Quintuple Maze

347 Uses for a Block

A Bug's Life

Cloudy Domain

And if Eric Schmidt will be submitting levels again, he should submit his recreation of "Exclusive".