Status update time!
Recently, I submitted two levels for the October 2018 Create Competition. Both of those levels were compatible with MS and Lynx and used the walls of two CCLP1 levels, and as such they will eventually appear in WoCCLP1. However, the rules of the competition are that the level(s) must be new and never seen before. Therefore, my options for a new release would be:
- Wait until I get 38 levels and then package these 2 levels along with them, but wait until the Create Comp is judged as the only people who can see them are Miika and I
- Wait until I get 40 levels and save these 2 levels for the next release
I'm leaning towards the first option even though the results will have to wait until November 11th, but I want to do that because I've been optimizing a bit more of CCLXP2 and CCLP3 Lynx lately and am planning to do a huge score dump soon. Waiting until mid-November to release more levels gives me a perfect excuse to balance out level design and optimization, especially since my scores on most sets do not have every level (except CC2).
As always though, I'm curious to see what all of you think. Would you rather wait until November 11th or have the levels be released as quickly as possible? I currently have 33 levels done, not including the 2 levels I submitted for the competition, so if I made 7 more levels in that time, I could release again at 40 levels.
You can leave feedback on this on Discord in the #level-design thread or in a reply below. Thanks for your time everyone!
Oh yes! Another update. Quite fun levels so far.
Here's my thoughts on levels 101-110
101. Somewhat easy chip collecting level. Nice "Metastable to Chaos" section.
102. Despite title it wasn't maddening at all. No, I don't judge levels by their title at all. Anyway, better than "Divide and Conquer". Thankfully time limit not too strict.
103. It's the blue and yellow version of "Flame Boy Color". Somewhat easy level, quite lenient.
104. Thought it was a strict time limit blue wall maze but not too much. Still a fun level.
105. This level is medium to somewhat hard, just gotta keep track of how you enter the teleports without collecting too many chips.
106. Simple maze with a nice design. Gotta keep track on the time though.
107. Legit toggle button and door based level. Not gonna lie, I got the pink ball trap button section on the first press. Neat blob and fireball navigation too.
108. Easy chip collecting level. Like 106, gotta keep track on the time.
109. Neat blue themed level with a fantastic twist at the end.
110. Very well crafted level. I was stumped on some sections namely the force floor puzzle. Keep those force floor puzzles coming.